Brisket, or other roasts
4 to 5 pound Cates brisket or other roast
2 cloves garlic
3 large onions cut in 1/8's
6 to 8 red and green peppers cut in quarters
10 to 12 carrots cut in chunks
1/2 cup water
3/4 cup of Uncle Douggies barbecue sauce (or any thick spicy barbecue sauce)
3/4 cup of chili sauce
1. Season brisket or roast with garlic.
2. Put in pan fat side up.
3. Cook uncovered at 425 degrees for 30 minutes.
4. Add peppers and onions until onion edges brown.
5. Add carrots and sauces and cover with foil.
6. Turn temp down to 350 degrees and cook 2-3 hours until tender.
7. After it is all cooled down, cut brisket across the grain and put back into the pan
heat up and serve!
**if you like all the veggies, etc. you can also cook 6 to 8 potatoes cut in eighths in another batch of the same sauce in a different pan for a couple hours until tender.
From the kitchen of Marcy Huffacker, Baraboo, Wisconsin